Strengthening Nonprofits - Advancing The Grant Profession
The Grant Professionals Foundation is pleased to offer GPA Membership and Chapter Membership Scholarships to applicants on a continuous basis. GPF’s Open Membership Scholarship Program will accept membership scholarship applications via the online portal through-out the year and award decisions will be made by the GPF Board during regularly scheduled meetings. The scholarship application cut-off dates are as follows:
- October – March; application period ends March 31st
- April – September; application period ends September 30th
The membership scholarship applications are accepted until midnight (CDT) of the application period end date. Award decisions are expected to be made and announced after the next regular Foundation Board meeting.
The Foundation offers three types of membership scholarships: 1). Chapter Leader Membership Scholarships (for current and incoming GPA Chapter Officers); 2). New Membership Scholarship (one-year GPA national Membership valued at $209 and a one-year local GPA Chapter Membership value ranging from $25 to $75 depending on the Chapter); or 3). Renewing Membership Scholarships (one-year Memberships – dues for GPA national and local GPA Chapter, valued at up to $284 for both).
The Open Membership Scholarship Program is funded by proceeds from the GPF’s Every Chapter Challenge (ECC) initiative. The ECC is one of the Foundation’s annual fundrasing campaigns. The GPF Board’s intent with the ECC is to strengthen GPA Chapters in a real and meaningful way. The Open Membership Scholarship Program is the main way the Foundation supports chapter capacity building and leadership development.
As you complete the application, you will be asked to indicate for which scholarship you are applying, and you will be confirming that you qualify under the restrictions of that scholarship. Please note that you may only apply for one scholarship per year, so please read the restrictions carefully.
You will also be asked if you adhere to the Code of Ethics of the Grant Professionals Association (regardless of whether you are a member). If you would like to review the Code of Ethics before applying, please follow this link: GPA Code of Ethics.pdf. You will also be agreeing to the Terms of Application which can be found at the end of the application.
All applications will be judged by the GPF Scholarship Committee. All scoring is confidential. Please note that award decisions are final and there is no method of appealing the decision of the judges.
GPF Open Membership Scholarship application!
Please review the following before proceeding:
- You will be asked if you adhere to the Grant Professionals Association’s Code of Ethics.
- You will be asked if you agree to the Terms of Application
- Limit your responses to number of words specified for each section
- * Indicates required field
- You may apply for one scholarship (use the drop menu below) once a year
- As a condition of award you are expected to volunteer with the GPA, GPF, or GPCI in the next twelve months
- As a condition of award you are encouraged to volunteer with your local GPA Chapter
- To be eligible for a Chapter Leader Membership Scholarship,you must serve as a Chapter leader (i.e., President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Membership Chair, Marketing Chair) or be an incoming officer/leader
- Current and incoming GPA Board and GPCI Board members are eligible. Foundation Board members and their family are not eligible.